Monday, February 27, 2012

Help me with DB schema comparison method

Hi!
can some one help me guide to knwo as to how do we compare teh database schemas of two databases.. i mean in case i have to compare the schema of 2 ole dbs or 2 sql databases then i can do it using teh XML schema \ and compare but then in case i need to compare a SQL schema and a oledb schema then how do i go about it.. since the long datatype in ms access ( using ole db) is text in SQL and tiny int is int16... there are some other discripancies liek that. So how do i go about checking teh database schemas for such disperate DBs. Can soem one tell me some site or give soem guidance in this regard. Please help me as i need it for my project where i need to compare teh schema and alert when they are not compatible.. Please help...thanks in advance..

regards,
GautamDo you have microsoft visio available to you? It can reverse engineer your database to output a great map for you to review.|||hey crispy!!!
That did not help me in anyway...please suggest somethign good... by the way .. i am sorry i did not use visio tool before.

Thanks anyway
Gautam

No comments:

Post a Comment