Monday, February 27, 2012

help me with MSDE 2000A sp3

Hi,
i tried to install MSDE 2000A sp3, but the installation wasn't seccessful.
Can somebody help me and write me what I have to do to install MSDE 2000A sp3 with SQL authentification (and how can I add some user, database and table)?
I'm using Win XP sp2, .NET Framework 1.1 and VS .NET 2003 (but I haven't got SQL Enterprise manager)
Thank'sTry the solution in this post. Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/941156/ShowPost.aspx
|||

Hi,
I tried to install MSDE via the solution in the previous post, but when I run OSQL, there is an error (SQL Server doesn't exist, or acces denied).
So, I haven't solved my problem yet.

|||The second option was to download the eval edition which will allow you to install the MSDE as a second instance and I forgot to tell you OSQL is not a very user friendly tool. If you cannot download most SQL Server books from Osborne press have the eval edition I am assuming you can get them from library check outs. Hope this helps.|||Ok,
can you send me some hyperlink to that files?
Thank's
|||

Here is the link and SQL Server developer edition is $40 less on the web. Hope this helps.
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

|||Thank's for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment