Sunday, February 19, 2012

Help me create this Trigger


Hi everybody,

How can I Update a field from another table by Trigger? Can someone send
me the statment to do it?

I have a table called Clients with fields : ID_Clients, Client
And Another called Doc with fields : ID_Doc, ID_Clients, Client

These tables are in different databases and I would like to esure the
integrity by add a Trigger to update in Docs table the field Client
everytime its changed in the Clients table.

Thanks for Attetion.

Leonardo Almeida

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!"Leonardo Almeida" <leonardoalmeida2004@.yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
news:3f672aa2$0$62077$75868355@.news.frii.net...
>
> Hi everybody,
> How can I Update a field from another table by Trigger? Can someone send
> me the statment to do it?
> I have a table called Clients with fields : ID_Clients, Client
> And Another called Doc with fields : ID_Doc, ID_Clients, Client
> These tables are in different databases and I would like to esure the
> integrity by add a Trigger to update in Docs table the field Client
> everytime its changed in the Clients table.
> Thanks for Attetion.
> Leonardo Almeida
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Something like this should work:

create trigger dbo.ATR_U_Clients
on dbo.Clients
after update
as

if @.@.rowcount = 0
return

update OtherDatabase.dbo.Doc
set Client = i.Client
from OtherDatabase.dbo.Doc d
join inserted i
on d.ID_Clients = i.ID_Clients

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment