Monday, March 19, 2012

Help needed...badly

I am having a problem with SQL server. When I go into enterprise manager an
d drill down to the Server level, right before you see the databases running
on your server, I am getting an error message. The message I am getting is
stating:
A connection could not be established to MAINSERVER.
Reason: Data source name not found and no default driver specified.
Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server registration p
roperties (by right-clicking on the MAINSERVER node) and try again.
I did this and everything looks right...but I am still getting this message.
I would really appreciate some help on this, as we have an update to run o
n one of the databases. But before I run the update, I must move that datab
ase off of the partitian it
is on because the partitian is almost full. Any help would be nice. Thank
you in advance.
TomThis sounds like a drivers issue, I assume yoiu are connecting from a sepera
te machine than the server. Try re-installing the enterprise management tool
s.

No comments:

Post a Comment