Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Help on Showing Querry Execution Plan in SQL Server Management Studio

Hi Everybody,
I am trying to run a querry (calling a sp) in SQL Server Management
Studio and have it display the Execution Plan.
When I try to do this SQL Server creates a system tempdb table that
eats up all my physical memory (goes over 20 + gig and keeps growing
until the computer can't take it anymore and dies... I actually have
to manually get rid of that table for my computer to ba able to
runnormally again).
I am doing some research online about this but so far can't find
anything...
Is there a way I can avoid SQL server from creating that tempdb table
when I want to show the execution plan for a querry? or is there any
setting I can modify to avoid that tempdb table to keep growing?
Thanks a lot,
Taslim
PS: My computer is a P4 3.06 Ghz, 1.25 gig ram and has 24 gig free
physical memory...sqlserver uses tempdb for its workspace. so, the answer is 'no'.
from the sound of your description, this must be some sproc that does tons
of dml operations!
--
-oj
<taslimn@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1149616073.134649.115920@.h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Everybody,
> I am trying to run a querry (calling a sp) in SQL Server Management
> Studio and have it display the Execution Plan.
> When I try to do this SQL Server creates a system tempdb table that
> eats up all my physical memory (goes over 20 + gig and keeps growing
> until the computer can't take it anymore and dies... I actually have
> to manually get rid of that table for my computer to ba able to
> runnormally again).
> I am doing some research online about this but so far can't find
> anything...
> Is there a way I can avoid SQL server from creating that tempdb table
> when I want to show the execution plan for a querry? or is there any
> setting I can modify to avoid that tempdb table to keep growing?
> Thanks a lot,
> Taslim
> PS: My computer is a P4 3.06 Ghz, 1.25 gig ram and has 24 gig free
> physical memory...
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment