Friday, March 23, 2012

Help on deviceInfo in rs.Render please...

How can I set my margins and all my page setup with this string please?
deviceInfo = String.Format("Margins', Scale')
Thanks,
TrintTrint,
Unfortunately there does not appear to be any way to specify DeviceInfo
with rs.Render. This is an issue for us because we cannot specify the
delimiter to be used for CSV.
Bob
"trint" wrote:
> How can I set my margins and all my page setup with this string please?
> deviceInfo = String.Format("Margins', Scale')
> Thanks,
> Trint
>|||So, I have no way of setting up the way my page is to be rendered?
thanks,
Trint
bobhug wrote:
> Trint,
> Unfortunately there does not appear to be any way to specify
DeviceInfo
> with rs.Render. This is an issue for us because we cannot specify the
> delimiter to be used for CSV.
> Bob
> "trint" wrote:
> > How can I set my margins and all my page setup with this string
please?
> > deviceInfo = String.Format("Margins', Scale')
> > Thanks,
> > Trint
> >
> >|||Sorry, my previous post was a mistake :>(. Please ignore it.
Bob
"bobhug" wrote:
> Trint,
> Unfortunately there does not appear to be any way to specify DeviceInfo
> with rs.Render. This is an issue for us because we cannot specify the
> delimiter to be used for CSV.
> Bob
> "trint" wrote:
> > How can I set my margins and all my page setup with this string please?
> > deviceInfo = String.Format("Margins', Scale')
> > Thanks,
> > Trint
> >
> >|||You use the DeviceInfo parameter. It is an XML string that has the settings
for the rendering extension. The properties supported are documented in
Books Online.
--
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"trint" <trinity.smith@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1106585573.383643.243230@.c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> So, I have no way of setting up the way my page is to be rendered?
> thanks,
> Trint
> bobhug wrote:
>> Trint,
>> Unfortunately there does not appear to be any way to specify
> DeviceInfo
>> with rs.Render. This is an issue for us because we cannot specify the
>> delimiter to be used for CSV.
>> Bob
>> "trint" wrote:
>> > How can I set my margins and all my page setup with this string
> please?
>> > deviceInfo = String.Format("Margins', Scale')
>> > Thanks,
>> > Trint
>> >
>> >
>|||I know...but what I want to know is if the problem of 'emf' not
printing the footer of my report, when rendered to an 'emf', can
somehow be overcome by an xml code of some type besides what I have in
there now?:
deviceInfo =String.Format(@."<DeviceInfo>" +
"<OutputFormat>{0}</OutputFormat>" +
"<Toolbar>False</Toolbar>" +
"<PageHeight>55.82cm</PageHeight>" +
"<PageWidth>40.26cm</PageWidth></DeviceInfo>","emf");
thanks,
Trint

No comments:

Post a Comment