Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Help needed - Parameter driven extract

Hi All,

I am designing a data migration tool using SSIS. As part of it, within a package I need to get a list of of customers from a SQL Server database table and extract the data for those customers from a seperate Sybase database. How do I make my SQL command to extract the data parameter driven? If I store the list of customer ID's in a package variable can I access it in the SQL command? I am using an ODBC connection for Sybase.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Nadella

If I were you; I would create a staging table to load the Sybase data that is accesible via Query-join from the SQL Server database. That way you could write single query joining the 2 tables.

I don't know how you could implement this via SSIS variable...

No comments:

Post a Comment