Friday, March 9, 2012

help needed for Recovring database

I wanted to move my database log file to another drive, but unfortunately I
executed wrong command .
alter database ABC modify file
(name = 'ABC_log',filename= 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\data\ABC_log.LDF')
instead of
alter database ABC2 modify file
(name = 'ABC2_log',filename= 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\data\ABC2_log.LDF')
After this, I found my database in Suspect mode, so I executed these commands
sp_configure 'allow updates', 1
GO
RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE
GO
EXEC sp_resetstatus 'ABC2'
And restarted DB services, but database was still in suspect mode, after
checking every possibility, I detached that database, I don’t know why I did
this.
But now I am not able to attach database back. When I try doing this it’s
give me following error
Error 5173: Cannot associate files with different databases.
By the way when I attach this mdf file, it changes the logical file name to
ABC_Data.mdf
But when I execute following query, it displays different logical file name
with ABC.mdf
dbcc checkprimaryfile (N'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\Data\ABC2.mdf', 3)
I believe if I change this logical file name I’ll be able to attach database
back.
Kindly help me the recovering database.
Note: I do not have the transaction log backup & current DB backup.
Farhan Iqbal
Error 5173 means, you are trying to attach files that belong to another
database. Check the file names that you are using for your attach.
"Farhan" <Farhan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:89333AE6-EE72-4863-A73B-C9419112318C@.microsoft.com...
>I wanted to move my database log file to another drive, but unfortunately I
> executed wrong command .
> alter database ABC modify file
> (name = 'ABC_log',filename= 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\MSSQL\data\ABC_log.LDF')
> instead of
> alter database ABC2 modify file
> (name = 'ABC2_log',filename= 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\MSSQL\data\ABC2_log.LDF')
>
> After this, I found my database in Suspect mode, so I executed these
> commands
> sp_configure 'allow updates', 1
> GO
> RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE
> GO
> EXEC sp_resetstatus 'ABC2'
> And restarted DB services, but database was still in suspect mode, after
> checking every possibility, I detached that database, I don't know why I
> did
> this.
> But now I am not able to attach database back. When I try doing this it's
> give me following error
> Error 5173: Cannot associate files with different databases.
> By the way when I attach this mdf file, it changes the logical file name
> to
> ABC_Data.mdf
> But when I execute following query, it displays different logical file
> name
> with ABC.mdf
> dbcc checkprimaryfile (N'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\MSSQL\Data\ABC2.mdf', 3)
> I believe if I change this logical file name I'll be able to attach
> database
> back.
> Kindly help me the recovering database.
> Note: I do not have the transaction log backup & current DB backup.
> Farhan Iqbal
>

No comments:

Post a Comment