Friday, March 23, 2012

Help on database choice?

Hi there,
I am currently writing an application for NNTP, the application requires
very FAST inserts, updates etc.
I started to write it with mySQL and I got good results, I was wondering if
anyone can confirm speed comparisions (and other comparisons) using MSDE
rather than mySQL.
As far as i know my app which runs on the desktop requires no special
licenses to use MSDE but mySQL does.
The application with only have 1 concurrent user and is being developed with
c# Visual Studio.net
Any help or information anybody can offer would be gratefully appreciated
Thanks in advance
Ian
Oh I forgot to mention, there is only 1 concurrent user but that user has
approximately 10 connections to the database. Maybe this will have an effect
on performance,.
THanks again
Ian
"Ian" <ianinmalaga@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eLL8qdnZEHA.3228@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
> I am currently writing an application for NNTP, the application requires
> very FAST inserts, updates etc.
> I started to write it with mySQL and I got good results, I was wondering
if
> anyone can confirm speed comparisions (and other comparisons) using MSDE
> rather than mySQL.
> As far as i know my app which runs on the desktop requires no special
> licenses to use MSDE but mySQL does.
> The application with only have 1 concurrent user and is being developed
with
> c# Visual Studio.net
> Any help or information anybody can offer would be gratefully appreciated
> Thanks in advance
> Ian
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment