Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Help on code in a SP

Hi,
I'm currently auditing some SQL servers to have an overview on what's
running/existing in the different databases.
On one of the server, I found User's Stored Procedures in MSDB databases
(which, I think is already not a good idea). My problem is that I can't get
the usage of the SPs.
All are built on the same model : all the code is written on 1 line only.
Here is the full code of one the SP:
-- beginning of the code --
create procedure <SP_Name> (@.IntID binary(8),@.Z_BranchID_Z int,@.Z_VS_Z
int,@.IconLibrary varchar(255)=null,@.IconID int=null,@.ShowCollections
bit=null,@.Z_VE_Z int=2147483647) as insert RTblClassExtension values
(@.IntID,@.Z_BranchID_Z,@.Z_VS_Z,@.Z_VE_Z,@.IconLibrary,@.IconID,@.ShowCollections)
GO
-- end of the code --
If someone would have any clue abotu what's this SP is doing...
Thanks,
ChrisYou are trying to insert into the RTblClassExtension with the values passed.
What is that you would like to know here
--
HTH,
Vinod Kumar
MCSE, DBA, MCAD, MCSD
http://www.extremeexperts.com
Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp
"Chris V." <tophe_news@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:u0Lybtr1EHA.1152@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I'm currently auditing some SQL servers to have an overview on what's
> running/existing in the different databases.
> On one of the server, I found User's Stored Procedures in MSDB databases
> (which, I think is already not a good idea). My problem is that I can't
get
> the usage of the SPs.
> All are built on the same model : all the code is written on 1 line only.
> Here is the full code of one the SP:
> -- beginning of the code --
> create procedure <SP_Name> (@.IntID binary(8),@.Z_BranchID_Z int,@.Z_VS_Z
> int,@.IconLibrary varchar(255)=null,@.IconID int=null,@.ShowCollections
> bit=null,@.Z_VE_Z int=2147483647) as insert RTblClassExtension values
>
(@.IntID,@.Z_BranchID_Z,@.Z_VS_Z,@.Z_VE_Z,@.IconLibrary,@.IconID,@.ShowCollections)
> GO
> -- end of the code --
> If someone would have any clue abotu what's this SP is doing...
> Thanks,
> Chris
>|||I'm trying to understand what are theses procedures I have into MSDB.
On your opinion, what could be the usage of such insert ?
(I'm not, far from that, expert in SQL. so, any help will be appreciated)
Thx,
Chris
"Vinod Kumar" <vinodk_sct@.NO_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:cohev5$avs$1@.news01.intel.com...
> You are trying to insert into the RTblClassExtension with the values
passed.
> What is that you would like to know here
> --
> HTH,
> Vinod Kumar
> MCSE, DBA, MCAD, MCSD
> http://www.extremeexperts.com
> Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp
> "Chris V." <tophe_news@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:u0Lybtr1EHA.1152@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently auditing some SQL servers to have an overview on what's
> > running/existing in the different databases.
> >
> > On one of the server, I found User's Stored Procedures in MSDB databases
> > (which, I think is already not a good idea). My problem is that I can't
> get
> > the usage of the SPs.
> > All are built on the same model : all the code is written on 1 line
only.
> >
> > Here is the full code of one the SP:
> >
> > -- beginning of the code --
> > create procedure <SP_Name> (@.IntID binary(8),@.Z_BranchID_Z int,@.Z_VS_Z
> > int,@.IconLibrary varchar(255)=null,@.IconID int=null,@.ShowCollections
> > bit=null,@.Z_VE_Z int=2147483647) as insert RTblClassExtension values
> >
>
(@.IntID,@.Z_BranchID_Z,@.Z_VS_Z,@.Z_VE_Z,@.IconLibrary,@.IconID,@.ShowCollections)
> > GO
> >
> > -- end of the code --
> >
> > If someone would have any clue abotu what's this SP is doing...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris
> >
> >
>|||Like you I don't know what its used for either, however I
have in my database which sort of means that its actually
a Microsoft SP, and not a user one.
Sorry I can't be much of a help here, except to lay your
mind at rest.
Peter
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober
and you will still be ugly."
Winston Churchill
>--Original Message--
>I'm trying to understand what are theses procedures I
have into MSDB.
>On your opinion, what could be the usage of such insert ?
>(I'm not, far from that, expert in SQL. so, any help will
be appreciated)
>Thx,
>Chris
>"Vinod Kumar" <vinodk_sct@.NO_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in
message
>news:cohev5$avs$1@.news01.intel.com...
>> You are trying to insert into the RTblClassExtension
with the values
>passed.
>> What is that you would like to know here
>> --
>> HTH,
>> Vinod Kumar
>> MCSE, DBA, MCAD, MCSD
>> http://www.extremeexperts.com
>> Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books
.asp
>> "Chris V." <tophe_news@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:u0Lybtr1EHA.1152@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm currently auditing some SQL servers to have an
overview on what's
>> > running/existing in the different databases.
>> >
>> > On one of the server, I found User's Stored
Procedures in MSDB databases
>> > (which, I think is already not a good idea). My
problem is that I can't
>> get
>> > the usage of the SPs.
>> > All are built on the same model : all the code is
written on 1 line
>only.
>> >
>> > Here is the full code of one the SP:
>> >
>> > -- beginning of the code --
-
>> > create procedure <SP_Name> (@.IntID binary
(8),@.Z_BranchID_Z int,@.Z_VS_Z
>> > int,@.IconLibrary varchar(255)=null,@.IconID
int=null,@.ShowCollections
>> > bit=null,@.Z_VE_Z int=2147483647) as insert
RTblClassExtension values
>> >
>
(@.IntID,@.Z_BranchID_Z,@.Z_VS_Z,@.Z_VE_Z,@.IconLibrary,@.IconID,
@.ShowCollections)
>> > GO
>> >
>> > -- end of the code --
>> >
>> > If someone would have any clue abotu what's this SP
is doing...
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chris
>> >
>> >
>>
>
>.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment