Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Help on Agent Login Change

Hello,
I need to change the SQLAgent start up login in roder to begin a
replication scenario.
I have been using "system account" byt now wish to change it to
another one I set up - Publish. Publish is an administartor account,
is in the Logins section, etc.
When I changed the SQLAgent and tried to restart it I received an
error as follow -
Could not start the SQLServerAgent service on Local Computer.
The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
error or and internal service error.
If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
When I tried to go back to the system account I got the same error and
now cannot start the SQLAgent.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this ?
THANK YOU in advance !
Jon SpartanWhat do you have in SQLAgent.out file?
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Jon Spartan" <jonu@.ixtech.net> wrote in message
news:23ltqvsp52v2gm1n22nflf100g41o6ddrv@.4ax.com...
> Hello,
> I need to change the SQLAgent start up login in roder to begin a
> replication scenario.
> I have been using "system account" byt now wish to change it to
> another one I set up - Publish. Publish is an administartor account,
> is in the Logins section, etc.
> When I changed the SQLAgent and tried to restart it I received an
> error as follow -
> Could not start the SQLServerAgent service on Local Computer.
> The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
> error or and internal service error.
> If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
> When I tried to go back to the system account I got the same error and
> now cannot start the SQLAgent.
> Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this ?
> THANK YOU in advance !
> Jon Spartan|||Contents of SQLAgent.Out are as follows -
11/10/2003 8:56:32 AM - ? [129] SQLServerAgent starting under Windows
NT service control
11/10/2003 8:56:37 AM - ! [298] SQLServer Error: 18456, Login failed
for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. [SQLSTATE 28000]
11/10/2003 8:56:37 AM - ! [000] Unable to connect to server;
SQLServerAgent cannot start
11/10/2003 8:57:01 AM - ? [098] SQLServerAgent terminated (normally)
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:00:06 GMT, Jon Spartan <jonu@.ixtech.net> wrote:
>Hello,
>I need to change the SQLAgent start up login in roder to begin a
>replication scenario.
>I have been using "system account" byt now wish to change it to
>another one I set up - Publish. Publish is an administartor account,
>is in the Logins section, etc.
>When I changed the SQLAgent and tried to restart it I received an
>error as follow -
>Could not start the SQLServerAgent service on Local Computer.
>The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
>error or and internal service error.
>If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
>When I tried to go back to the system account I got the same error and
>now cannot start the SQLAgent.
>Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this ?
>THANK YOU in advance !
>Jon Spartan|||That is strange. The error message suggests that Agent tries to login as
LocalSystem, and it cannot do that because that isn't added as a Windows
Login. LocaSystem should be there, and also you mention that you aren't
using LocalSystem. Sorry, beats me...
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Jon Spartan" <jonu@.ixtech.net> wrote in message
news:jhbvqv08sbaehnl7lsrvk1ooa59090mpjf@.4ax.com...
> Contents of SQLAgent.Out are as follows -
> 11/10/2003 8:56:32 AM - ? [129] SQLServerAgent starting under Windows
> NT service control
> 11/10/2003 8:56:37 AM - ! [298] SQLServer Error: 18456, Login failed
> for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. [SQLSTATE 28000]
> 11/10/2003 8:56:37 AM - ! [000] Unable to connect to server;
> SQLServerAgent cannot start
> 11/10/2003 8:57:01 AM - ? [098] SQLServerAgent terminated (normally)
>
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:00:06 GMT, Jon Spartan <jonu@.ixtech.net> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I need to change the SQLAgent start up login in roder to begin a
> >replication scenario.
> >
> >I have been using "system account" byt now wish to change it to
> >another one I set up - Publish. Publish is an administartor account,
> >is in the Logins section, etc.
> >
> >When I changed the SQLAgent and tried to restart it I received an
> >error as follow -
> >
> >Could not start the SQLServerAgent service on Local Computer.
> >The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
> >error or and internal service error.
> >If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
> >
> >When I tried to go back to the system account I got the same error and
> >now cannot start the SQLAgent.
> >
> >Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this ?
> >
> >THANK YOU in advance !
> >
> >Jon Spartan
>

No comments:

Post a Comment