Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Help needed: Scheduling of package fails

Hi there,

I have followed the steps in BOL (not too complex really) to schedule a package in SQL Server
Agent.

My package reads out Data from the SQL Server and writes some log into a file. It is encrypted
by a password and is stored to the filesystem.
Executing the pkg via dtexec works fine.

Then I've created a new job with one step via SQL Server Management Studio, added
the package and password when prompted.

I took the command line params and used them with dtexec: It woked.
I started the job manually from SQL Server Management Studio by selecting "start job"
from the context menu.

But when I try to schedule the job nothing happens. The only trace I can find is a warning in
the SQL Server Agent Error Logs:
"[162] Internal request (from SetJobNextRunDate [reason: schedule will not run again]) to deactivate schedule 2"
This is inherent when you configure a schedule to go off once.

Thanks in advance
FridtjofI have found the error:

I created more than one Schedule with the same name from within the job step schedules New button. That seemed to confuse the Server Agent. After correcting this everything worked.

Fridtjof

No comments:

Post a Comment