Friday, March 9, 2012

Help Needed in Calculating results

Hello everyone,
I have a table which has some values and strings, I want to calculate the
values but whenever I use the following in a textbox in a SSRS it gives me a
# Error
=Sum(iif(Fields!XNB.Value >= 8000,1,0))
Which is obvious as there is a string that the function cannot calculate the
string. IS there an alternative to calculating the results when String is
involved.
RegardsGot the answer Use the following and it worked :)
=Sum(iif(Val(Fields!XNB.Value) >= 8000,1,0))
"claton" wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have a table which has some values and strings, I want to calculate the
> values but whenever I use the following in a textbox in a SSRS it gives me a
> # Error
> =Sum(iif(Fields!XNB.Value >= 8000,1,0))
> Which is obvious as there is a string that the function cannot calculate the
> string. IS there an alternative to calculating the results when String is
> involved.
> Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment