Friday, March 9, 2012

Help needed for accessing Report server from an ASP.Net application

Hi experts,
I have an ASP.Net application by which we are calling our remote
report server.
Till then it is fine but when i am clicking on any report then a pop
up window comes and it is
asking for username and password to logon on report server.
I want to remove this popup login screen,
I have tried to pass the credentials both default and network but it
is still asking for
username and password.
I think one method which is in Web service 2005 is BeginLogon() or
Logon() will work if i will pass them
from my application
But i dont know how to implement them in my application.
Can any body send me some code for implementing them
or suggest anything which can help me to solve this issue.
Regards
DineshOn Mar 27, 2:46 am, "Dinesh" <dinesh...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi experts,
> I have an ASP.Net application by which we are calling our remote
> report server.
> Till then it is fine but when i am clicking on any report then a pop
> up window comes and it is
> asking for username and password to logon on report server.
> I want to remove this popup login screen,
> I have tried to pass the credentials both default and network but it
> is still asking for
> username and password.
> I think one method which is in Web service 2005 is BeginLogon() or
> Logon() will work if i will pass them
> from my application
> But i dont know how to implement them in my application.
> Can any body send me some code for implementing them
> or suggest anything which can help me to solve this issue.
> Regards
> Dinesh
Just a couple of thoughts. I usually experience the authentication
window whenever I'm using a browser other than IE as my default
(namely, Firefox/Mozilla). Is this the case? Also, have you tried
setting the 'Windows integrated security' or 'Credentials stored
securely in the report server' and 'Use as Windows credentials when
connecting to the datasource' options in the Properties tab of the
particular report(s) in Report Manager?
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Is the logon screen for your report server or your web server hosting
your application?|||On Apr 6, 11:38 pm, "Lynn" <linqian...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the logon screen for your report server or your web server hosting
> your application?
Log on screen for my report server.
We are giving report viewer url in application. when it is calling the
report server then it is showing the log in scree and i want to remove
that so that after clicking on any report name it will directly
redirect to report server withous asking any user name and password.
Regards
Dinesh

No comments:

Post a Comment